This initiative aims to benefit from the faculty researchers and human resources of the university’s colleges to contribute in the increase of sober scientific publication and to enrich the Arabic library with the latest important and valuable publications of international compilations. The translation of books and scientific publications is considered one of the most important communication bridges between nations, and the best ways to increase knowledge, communication and exchange experience between the countries. With the introduction of the research priorities programs, which depend in on specified research and developed fields, it remains incumbent to follow up with any thoughts, ideas, and innovation in these areas such as through translation.
- To Enrich the Arabic library with the latest translated publications in order to achieve the research priorities of research and innovation.
- To build bridges of cooperation with prestigious scientific institutions and international scientific publishers.
- To transfer the knowledge and human experiences through translating the latest and most important publications related to the university’s research priorities.
- To maximize the utilization of the university’s distinguished human cadres.
- To develop human capabilities in the field of translation.
- The proposed book for translation should be among the six research priorities of King Saud University, and in the field of specialization of the translation team.
- The proposed book for translation must be a novel that was not more than 5 years old.
- The translated book should be a scientific reference and not an academic course.
- The book should not have been translated into Arabic by any other party.
- In the case of translating atlas or books that contain many pictures, the pictures should not exceed one third of the book. As for translating scientific, engineering and computer books, equations or mathematical formulas or computer programs should not exceed 50% of the book.
- The applicant researcher for book translation should be from king Saud university and at least 50% from team participating in translation should be of faculty members at KSU.
- The academic degree of the principal translator shall not be less than the degree of "Assistant Professor" or its equivalent in health colleges.
- The applicant translator must not have translated three or more books through the Translation Center.
- The translator should be fluent in both the source and target translation languages.
- The translator shall abide by the specific regulations of the Translation Center and the Scientific Council with regard to obtaining a translation license and delivering the final output.
- The translator is obligated to acknowledge the translated book for the Institutional Funding Program, Deanship of Scientific Research and Translation Center at King Saud University.
- The reward for translating each book reaches a maximum of thirty thousand (SR 30,000) Saudi Riyals, and it is fully spent after the researcher translator submitting the final copies (digital and hard copies) of the translated book and passing the arbitration stage.
- In order for the book to be approved, it is required to obtain a validity report from the arbitrators at a rate of not less than 75%.
- After approving the translated book, the Deanship of Scientific Research will only print it electronically, and if the translator wants to print it on paper, he will bear the full printing costs.
- King Saud University owns copyright for ten (10) years.
Starting on 15/12/2021 for a period of one month.
For more information, please contact us via the program’s e-mail: IFKSUBT@KSU.EDU.SA