The Undergraduate Student Research Support Program is holding " The second scientific meeting of the Undergraduate Students Research Support Program" as part of the activities of the Scientific Research Forum 1440H under the theme "The Future of Investment in Scientific Research: Opportunities and Challenges" which will be held during the period from 13/6/ 1440 H untill 16/6/1440H ( 18/21-2-2019 ).
Meeting goals :
- Introducing the Undergraduate Student Research Support Program and the support provided through it.
- Defining the achievements of the program during its various sessions.
- Attracting the target group of undergraduate and faculty students to participate in the program.
- Enhancing the culture of scientific research among undergraduate students.
- Enhancing the spirit of scientific competition among undergraduate students participating in the program.
- Presentation of research outputs for undergraduate students.
- Preparing undergraduate students to compete in various scientific competitions (internal and external) .
- Exchange of research experiences among students participating in the program during the scientific meeting.
- Marketing for the research outputs of the research students and publishers within the program.
- Honoring all students and publishers who have been participated in the program to encourage them and provide moral support.
- Honoring faculty members who have been supervising undergraduate students in the program in recognition of their important role in promoting scientific research among undergraduate students.
- Strengthening communication between the Deanship of Scientific Research and researchers from undergraduate students and faculty members.
Date Of The Meeting :
Thursday : 9/6/1440H (14-2-2019), to hold presentation competitions for the students of the program.
Sunday: 12/6/1440H )17-02-2019), to hold scientific poster competitions for students of the program and associated workshops.
Place Of Meeting :
• Presentations: The main theater of the Faculty of Dentistry (broadcast to the main theater at the University Student City, Building #26.
• Scientific posters: University hall.
• Workshops: (8) Male student halls and (8) Female student halls. Registrars will be notified of the location of the halls and the times of the workshops .
Time Of Meeting :
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Undergraduate students and faculty members
Meeting Program: click her
Scientific competitions (Terms and conditions) :
Students will participate in the program according to the following criteria (Terms and conditions) while allowing students to participate in all types of competitions and excluding the pre-winning research from participation:
1- Bachelor Students' Presentation "Competition" :
Target group: Undergraduate students within the Undergraduate Research Support Program.
Awards: For the best three presentations.
Conditions to consider:
• The presentation time should not exceed 10 minutes.
• The names of the participating students and the supervisor should be included in the first slide of the presentation.
• When arranging the names of the participants in the research proposal, the first name must be the name of the researcher who will present the research.
• If the search is published, the post publication link should be added to the first slide of the presentation.
• It is necessary to include the approved form of thanks in the last slide. " Click here to view the formula" .
• The participant must be present at least (15) minutes before the presentation time.
• Only the student participating in the research is permitted to present the research during the competition.
• The supervisor is not allowed to display the search during the contest.
• It is advisable to put the e-mail of the researcher in the presentation, so as to communicate if anyone is interested in the subject.
• The student may distribute additional copies of the presentation to the visitors.
• Substandard presentations will be excluded.
• Winning research papers are not accepted at the first scientific meeting of the program.
• It is necessary to review the evaluation criteria approved and located on the program site, which will evaluate the presentations according to them.
• Send the PowerPoint presentation to the mail of the program "" no later than 4/6/1440 H - 9/2/2019.
2- Scientific poster for undergraduate students" competition" :
Target group: Undergraduate students participating in the Undergraduate Student Research Support Program.
Awards: Best three scientific posters.
Conditions to consider:
• It's necessary to put the logo of King Saud University in the top right, with the writing of the Deanship of Scientific Research under the logo ." Click here to download the logo" .
• The program logo should be placed at the top left. "Click here to download the logo"
• The approved form of thanks should be included. "Click here for the form"
• The names of the participating students and the supervisor should be included in the scientific poster.
• When ordering the names on the poster, the first name must be the name of the student who will be presenting the poster.
• It is advisable to put the e-mail of the researcher in the poster, so as to communicate if anyone is interested in the subject.
• The clarity of the writing on the poster so that it can be read from a distance of one meter.
• The content of the poster is within the ethic of scientific research.
• Send an electronic copy of the poster in the form of PowerPoint on the mail of the program "URSPevents@ksu.edu.sa" no later than 28/5/1440 H (3/2/2019) for review and audit before printing.
• Send a final electronic copy of the poster in the form of PowerPoint and PDF on the mail of the program "URSPevents@ksu.edu.sa" no later than 4/6/1440 (9/2/2019 )
• The program management is responsible for printing the scientific poster (after final review ) .
• The student is not allowed to modify or change his poster after the final transmission, nor is he entitled to replace it at the time of presentation.
• The student must be present next to the poster (15 minutes ) before the arbitration .
• The time of the arbitration for each poster shall not exceed (7) minutes.
• Only the student participating in the research is permitted to display the poster during the competition.
• The poster is not allowed to be displayed during the contest.
• The student can distribute additional small copies of the poster to the visitors.
• Non-compliant posters will be excluded.
• It is necessary to review the approved evaluation criteria which are located on the program site, and the posters will be evaluated according to them.
Workshops accompanying the scientific meeting:
Total of (8) workshops will be held for all students, ( 4 ) for female students and ( 4) for male students on the second day of the scientific meeting Sunday, 12/6/1440 AH (17/2/2019 ).
• Workshop (1): Writing the research proposal.
• Workshop (2): Literary survey and research in databases.
• Workshop 3: The basics of reference management and scientific resources.
• Workshop 4: Scientific publication step by step.
To participate in workshops:
-To register the attendance of the second scientific meeting for students of bachelor students research support program – Female students
-To register the attendance of the second scientific meeting for students ofbachelor students research support program – Male students
Presentations : Click here
Scientific Posters: Click here