The Deanship of Scientific Research Student Representative Initiative
The program aims to involve distinguished students in the research process in order to promote scientific contribution of undergraduates within their colleges by establishing the student initiative, the Representative of the Deanship of Scientific Research in colleges, for undergraduate students at King Saud University since 1436 H. This initiative has been undertaken in order to activate the program in colleges and to enhance the undergraduate’s participation in the scientific research supported by the program in addition to enhancing the full communication and collaboration between the Deanship of Scientific Research and the colleges at King Saud University.
Supporting sectors:Colleges at King Saud University.
1- An effective link between the Deanship of Scientific Research and the different colleges in the University in order to overcome the difficulties and obstacles facing the bachelor students in doing scientific research by:
- Effective communication with undergraduate students directly, through social media, and by e-mails.
- Encouraging the research environment around students in different colleges of the University by spreading the information about all programs provided by the Deanship of Scientific Research, that support the scientific research and publication in KSU, in order to encourage participation of students and faculties.
- Introducing research services provided by the Research Support and Services Unit at the Deanship of Scientific Research in order to achieve the maximum benefit from the Unit.
- Encouraging undergraduate students and faculty members to participate and submit their research proposals to the program.
- Distribution of the program announcements and coordinating for advertising and marketing of various programs and initiatives provided by the Deanship of Scientific Research in order to connect them to all target groups in the colleges through the use of available advertising tools in colleges such as electronic screens or allocation of a bulletin board in each college to the Deanship of Scientific Research.
- Coordinating halls-reservation of in the colleges.
2- Participation of student representatives with the Undergraduate Research Support Program’s management in developing a mechanism for introducing undergraduate students and faculty members to the program at the colleges, such as presenting presentations and answering questions about the program.
3- Participation of student representative with the Undergraduate Research Support Program’s management in holding quarterly / annual courses and programs that include lectures and workshops about scientific research at the colleges.
4- Encouraging undergraduate students in colleges to publish their research studies and to participate in conferences and to receive scientific awards.
5- Participation of student representatives in the development of strategic plans of the Deanship by organizing and marketing the activities and research outcomes supported by the Deanship of Scientific Research in the colleges.
6- Attending meetings and regular communication with the Undergraduate Research Support Program’s management.
7- Preparation and submission of two comprehensive reports: Mid- and final-reports on the following:
- The strategic plan followed to carry out the assigned tasks.
- Total number of students applying for the program from the assigned college during the Undergraduate Research Support Program’s assigned round.
- Difficulties and obstacles encountered (if any).
- Presenting developmental proposals to enhance the research process in the college.
Advantages for the Student Representatives:
1- Presenting a certificate of appreciation from the Deanship of Scientific Research.
2- Presenting a certificate of excellence for the most interactive and contributing to raising the student participation from the College in the program to support the research of undergraduate students.
3- The priority of registration in the online fundamental research preparation course on basics of scientific research.
4- Providing the opportunity to request research technical training in laboratory techniques in one of the KSU- specialized laboratories in order to refine their research skills.
5- Priority of participation as a research assistant in one of the research proposals applied to the program.
Copy rights are reserved to the Deanship of Scientific Research, King Saud University©